Sunday, February 10, 2013

CNY 2013 Day 1: My date with Candy Crush Saga

Happy Chinese New Year everyone, esp to those who are fellow Chinese (like me) and is celebrating this festive season of Ang Pows, feasting and merry-making.

Today is the first day of the new year, and most people will be waking up really early to prepare to go visiting relatives today to bask in the celebrations. Most people will do the following:

  1. Give out/Collect Ang Pow
  2. Exchanging mandarin oranges
  3. Feast on all the new year goodies like Ba Kwa, Pineapple Tarts, Love Letters, 年糕 etc
  4. Lo-Hei or what we call 捞鱼生
For my family, we are kinda special where we only do the above-mentioned on the next day, 大年初二. My brother's wife is not Singaporean, so they will need to travel back to his wife's hometown on CNY eve, and will only be back today. And the only place we visit is usually my grandmother's house. Thus, my day today is technically lazing around and not doing anything much.

I seriously have plans to hit the gym, but as my mother vehemently objected to me going out on CNY, and the very heavy rain just made it very difficult for me to go out. But, it has been a restful day. And i exercised my brain.

Candy Crush Saga

Yes, i've downloaded this game like 3 weeks ago, and i must say, it's such a sweet game, i'm kinda hooked.

In fact, i really gambatte-ed the past 2 days and accomplished like 20 levels. But unfortunately i'm stuck at level 70.

Stuck here since this morning! :(

But i must say, it has been a good brain workout, as i'm still racking my brains trying to complete this level. The good thing about this game is that you earn 1 life every 20 mins. The max. no of lives you earn is 5 lives. So, there's some control if you can't complete a level. If you want more, ask FB friends to send lives to you.

Not a very CNY-ish thing to be doing, but yea. Half of my day is spent on this. I need to charge my IPAD and my NOTE 2. Haha.

To more CNY-ey stuff, i did my nails again, after a long break. I had wanted to do water nail art, which i've managed to do so last year. However, i think with the lack of practice/reading up on it/watching Youtube about it, it didn't happen. So i had to do the conventional way, but definitely must be special!

Orange base + red sparkling french + cyan and gold polka dots

I'm pretty crazy about photo apps ever since i got my NOTE 2 (One of the best decisions made in 2012 to get this awesome phone. Samsung has indeed redeemed itself this time!).

There's no rational behind the color combinations but it stems from the fact that orange itself (my favorite color) is kinda boring on its own. So i added in some OPI red sparkles as French and ribbon stickers and polka dots. Maybe.... maybe a lighter color as base will bring out the french and the add-ons. Am just too lazy to redo my nails.

Chinese New Year should be like this mah, have red and gold and orange.

Here's wishing all a happy CNY. May the year of the snake be a fabulous year for all of us! :)

HUAT AH!!!!


No comments: